Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Day After Halloween Sugar High!

      So, it's Friday, which means it's time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.  It's been a hot minute since I've linked up with them!

                                fiveforfriday2_thumb3
      The week started off with my son being sick...right when I was about to leave for school...So the whirlwind of trying to find a sub and getting my plans to school began!  Thank goodness, it was a short-lived illness and he was back to normal by later that night!

      We had our yearly Literacy Days competition this week.  It is a district/area competition and we got really late notice of it this year, but somehow our amazing staff got our school competition ready in time!  I'm not sure if any of your schools do something similar, but for the K-2 level, they have the categories of poetry recitation, read-aloud of their best writing piece, and a play.  For the 3-5 level, they have the same categories, except the writing is not a previously produced writing piece --they must write their writing at the competition!  Anyway, each homeroom should provide a classroom winner for each category except for the play.  We usually try to do at least one play for each of K-2 and 3-5.  With the late notice this year, we did not do a play.

      The great news is that my two classroom winners won for our grade level and get to move on to the district level competition.  They were awesome!!
Read Aloud Winner and Poetry Recitation Winner!  
         This is our school district's 60th Anniversary and they have some special events planned.  This past Wednesday was an early release day and we had a parade honoring our school district!  Each school was represented in the parade.  At first, I thought, "Seriously??" However, I changed my mind!  It was such a great event and sooooo many people showed up to support our district!  It was really a lot of fun and uplifting to see our community as one.

      Our float was "Past, Present, Future."  We had past principals and staff along with our present students, and had some of our students dress up as a future career.  We have heard a lot of positive comments about our float and participants!


                               



      I love seeing them dressed up for their Book Character Dress-up Day!  They are just so darn cute!  I didn't get any pics of my team, but we were the 3 Little Monkey Jumping on the Bed!  (We only have three 2nd grade classes so we told everyone that the other 2 monkeys were at the nurse's office because they bumped their heads!)    

      Here are a few pics of my class and our parade...





      And, now...Thank the Lord it is FRIDAY!  It has been a fun week, but a L-O-N-G week! I hope yours has been fun too!

Till next time...

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya! It was fun, but I am glad it's over. Enjoy your weekend!
    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an action packed week for sure! Now it's time to gear up for the big Thanksgiving Feast and holiday hoopla! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips